The Life with Queen April !

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Advent Calendar

A New Tradition
 I love blogs and can say I am a blog reader stalker. I have my favorites and one of them is Alie Edwards. On November 5th she posted on her blog about Advent Action Cards   she created
I am always looking for new ideas traditions to do with my family. I just loved this idea. So for being my first time I believe I did a pretty good job. It could look better but next year's will be better. 
My mother-in-law cut the blocks of fabric for me, i then sewed them together and then put clear plastic over them. 


Here's a look at the blocks cut out. 


So I sewed the fabrics together and add red around the edges...


 Here i added some of the numbers.




So i sewed the plastic on and added the sides....
Do you like it?
It's cute right?




Day 1: Thank your teacher for being your teacher.


Here is our calendar hanging on the tree. Dylan is turning Day 2 over. 
Day2: Go pick out our family ornament. 




So this will be one of our traditions every year. I am excited about it. 
Thanks Alie for the great idea with the Advent Cards. 


Good night All.
Queen April 



No comments: