The Life with Queen April !

Friday, January 14, 2011

I'm Tired!

i'm tired...
 so many of you know i have been sick with the flu for a week. I am doing much better...thank you for everyone who said a prayer for me and my family but besides that let me tell you why i labeled this post, "I'M TIRED"

So when Hannah gets home I tell her to go clean her room and as for Micah I have been telling him all day long. So i left it at that. well i got up to check on Dylan and i pass by and see Hannah laying in her bed along with Micah chilling on his bed... I yell out loud, "i dont see anyone cleaning their room"
and i hear Hannah say, "I'm Tired" of what I yell back, she says, "Hello, of SCHOOL"....
omg all i could do at that point is keeping walking down the hallway because i wanted to laugh so hard. In my head I was saying, boy do you have a long way to go because you are only a kindergarten. 

So this is what Hannah's room looks like. 

 The last pictures are of Micah's room. My 4 year old. 

I can clean these rooms and organize and put things in order but give them 24 hours and they can be back to these photos. I know I should remember they are only 4 and 6 but oh my...why cant kids play with something and just remember to put back where they got it from? 

What I am about to do is get a big plastic bag and go pick up everything that is on their floor and take away until i feel they can clean their room? 

If you have any tips ....please help.....


1 comment:

JESS ♥ said...

Hmm one strategy that Arnold and I have used with our 7 & 6 yr old boys is actually a threat ;)
We both half a morning cleaning their room and with Arnold helping me, it got done soo much quicker, only because he's not as lenient. It irks him that they will play with board games and leave them out for they're 3 yr old sister to pick apart and lose pieces, SO...he actually got all the games that were missing pieces and threw them out! Along with the games he threw away a bunch of other odd-end toys that were just taking up space (making a mess). So our "threat"/strategy has been this...if we find any toys out on the floor that they didn't put away, they get thrown away. As soon as Arnold or I see something we tell them, "ok, well I guess you don't want this toy since you just left it out!"...and they of course come running back in their room saying nooooooooooooooo. lol. They've learned to put they're things up as soon as their done. It's gotten much better. Next is using that threat with their tv being left on.
As for our 3 yr old girl...we haven't yet come up with a threat for her. Being that she's three and daddy's little princess, I usually just go in and pick up after her anyway :)