The Life with Queen April !

Monday, January 18, 2010

Lessoned Learned.


Apolgize


Sunday morning my husband's nephew Christian woke up and asked Vince to take him home before church because he was feeling sick. We both found it weird that he wanted to go home because he always wants to come over and stay at our home. In the afternoon Vince called his mother and asked him if Christian was feeling better. My mother in law stated that he was not sick but used that as an excuse to come home. She said he was very hurt and was crying to my mother in law because my son Dylan made him feel unwelcomed. He stated Dylan did not allow him to play with his stuff, or do anything. Once my husband told me about this I was livid. My son has pulled this beef before with another friend of his. We called Dylan over and I asked him to tell me the truth and what happen with Christian. At first he was trying to pull my leg. I always tell my son that "it's better to tell the truth" so he started crying, which right there and then I knew he did something. I told him that he was very blessed and before you treat someone bad, try to be in their shoes. I told him you dont know what he has been through and how he loves to be here because his parents are not in his life right now. I told him you have everything so why not let others use your stuff. I explained to him that I never had everything the way he did, how I did not have parents who were in my life all the time. I told him he should be thankful and quit treating people the way he does, including me. I explained to him that we would not allow this treatment and for him to be like this towards others. I warned him that I would clear his room out in a heartbeat if this behavior continue. I let him know that I love him very much but some times TOUGH lOVE needs to be addressed. I told him how can you be like this, God does not treat others that way. I had him go to the room and think about what he did and write me a letter to explain to me what he did wrong and why it was wrong. I also told him he would call him and apologize. So Dylan got on the phone and started crying before he could even speak to Christian. He finally told him that he was sorry and he did not deserve to be treated that way and asked for forgiveness. Christian accepted his apology. Here is the letter my son wrote us. I was very impressed.


Some people may think I am crazy and why did i go to this extreme. I would like you to know that my husband and I our trying everything in our power to raise our kids in the ways of the Lord. We will not accept this type of behavior. I want my son to know that Jesus loves everyone and so should we. I know we all fall and will never be perfect but I think if we need to address this type of behavior so that we will learn from this.


What do you think? Do you agree with what I asked him to do? Be honest. It's just your opinion.

1 comment:

Joy said...

First, I didn't know you had a blog!! yeah, I love reading blogs! And yes, I think what you did was a good thing.