The Life with Queen April !

Thursday, February 18, 2010

$2.50

Thinking...................
A couple of weeks ago one of my cousins experienced a terrible problem with her portable hard drive. She lost over 5 years of pictures. When she posted that to her status on Facebook I felt her pain because I have tons and tons of pictures saved in my portable hard drive and I would literally die if something happened to my photos. So I started thinking what should I do............................................
  1. I will convert all my photos in the hard drive into CD's and I will then store them in a BIG CD CASE.
  2. I will find all my negatives from when I took pictures from my 35mm camera and convert those to a CD.
So I started to look for all my negatives because I am weird like that and have all of them even from when Dylan my 1st born was a baby. I was on a hunt for 2 days and guess what I found them. So I started calling around to see the prices of converting negatives into a CD. This is the outcome:
  • Walgreens- I called Wednesday to the Walgreens on Weber and spoke with a Monica and she clearly stated that the charge would be $2.99 and only $2.99. I asked several times to make sure I was hearing correctly. I then asked her how many photos can you put on the CD? She stated up to 700 depending. So Today I went to Walgreens and took my wedding and baby shower negatives and asked to convert these into a CD. They lady name April said,, "It will be $5.99" I asked her O.K. but you can put all the photos on the CD correct? She could not answer so called someone else. She then came up with the answer that they could only put 24 photos on a CD. I looked at her like she was crazy and left.
  • Walmart- I called Walmart and they stated that it would cost 0.29 per negative and $2.50 for the CD. I took the impression that it was 0.29 per negative slip and not per photo so I called to verify and I was wrong. It is each photo.
  • Sam's- A friend saw my post on facebook and she called Sam's and said they said it would be 0.18 a frame if cut, and if you have a roll that has not been cut it is $2.24 + $1.56.
So I was kind of bummed because I really want to do this. Last night I found my wedding photos that were taken by a terrific friend "Veronica" and then my dear friend " Stephanie" found my baby shower pictures from when I was pregnant from Hannah in one of my bags I gave her daughter. When she gave me those photos I was so excited because I literally thought I had lost them and I had given up already on looking for them. It had been 5 years and look if I would have looked in the bag I gave her I would of found them years ago. So as you can tell I was excited. So I started to count my wedding and baby shower negative slips which is about 4 photos per slip and I counted 72. As i calculated 72 x 4= 288x 0.29 = 83.52+ 2.50=$86.02 not including tax. I started to get bummed. Well guess what .I got my wedding pictures and baby showers converted to a CD for only $2.50



I know you are probably saying "What".
Well when I called Walmart back to verify if it was 0.29 per photo negative or negative slip and the lady told me 0.29 per photo I said, "Wow, there's no way I have too many it would cost me over $80". The lady said, "Look if you bring them to me today I will only charge you the CD fee of $2.50". I said really, for real, are you sure. She said yes. So I went and left them and I thanked her a thousand times. I know now that I will have to develop so many negatives a month because this will get costly.
But for NOW I am Thankful and Excited that I got this one.
Here are some photos out of it.



How do you store your photos? Do you have a back up?


No comments: